450Mbps 11n Technology. I hope Apple is on it

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
or something like it with the next Airport Extreme/Time Capsule updates.

Ralink delivers 450Mbps Draft 802.11n spec

Quote:

Ralink Technology Corporation, a leading developer of 802.11x chipsets, today announced its new RT2883/RT2853 flagship 450 Mbps, 3 stream, 802.11n router chipset with beamforming technology. The RT2883 is an 802.11n 3 transmitter, 3 receiver (3T3R) system on a chip featuring a high performance CPU and a wealth of connectivity interfaces. Paired with the RT2853 dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz 3T3R transceiver, the RT2883 provides one of the most advanced Wi-Fi router platforms in the industry at speeds 50% faster than 2 stream draft 802.11n, and up to 8 times faster than legacy 802.11 a/g devices on the market. The RT2883/RT2853 chipset?s beamforming capability extends its Wi-Fi range to meet digital home multimedia coverage requirements.

?In addition to 450Mbps raw throughput and beamforming, the RT2883/RT2853 is enhanced with a multitude of advanced features such as Maximum Likelihood Detection (MLD) and Adaptive Channel Estimation and Equalization (ACE) to overcome difficult indoor environments?, said Fred Jann, Vice President of IC Design at Ralink. ?It also introduces Ralink Video Turbine? technology defining a new paradigm in Wi-Fi by enabling reliable distribution of multiple high-quality video streams throughout the ho

I can't wait for real world benchmarks. I'm pretty dissapointed in 11n thusfar. If we can get a solid 300Mbps performance real world from the next group of chips that will go a way towards connecting more home networks for more tasks beyond web surfing.

Comments