The Party is Febuary 5th

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Yes, that's when the NV25 party is, according to various sites including nvnewsnet. The NV25 is supposedly the codename for nVidia's next big thing, the GeForce 4. Where is this party being held? San Francisco. That's right down the street from Apple Headquarters, and I would be inclined to think Apple might be attending this little bash.

A lot of things point to this little get together as the introduction for new PowerMacs, including the promotions ending on January 3st (or 1st of Febuary??). Also, we all know what nVidia and Apple did last year at MWTY.

Just fueling the fire in future hardware.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    So Apple will debut the towers at nVidia's show? Sounds unusual.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Could be.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>So Apple will debut the towers at nVidia's show? Sounds unusual.</strong><hr></blockquote>

After party.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    "3DChipset has got some info about the NV25 party, taking place in San Francisco, on the 5th of February. Let's just take a quick peek @ what we're looking at...

*\tName: GeForce4 Ti600

*\tCore Clock: 300 MHz

*\tMemory: 3.3ns Hynix 128MB DDR

*\tPipelines: More
  • Reply 5 of 18
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    I find it unlikely that Apple will unvail it's new PM's at a Nvida event. MWTY was an Apple event with emphasis on Apple & with Apple running the show.

SJ's seems like the kind of guy who likes control & I don't think this really workes in well with that. Besides at the Nvida event SJ's couldn't talk for 1 hour about the new PM (which I'm sure he'd like to do, especially if it's a G5 or 1.6Ghz G4). Never know though, perhaps they'll have a special event on the 6th ...
  • Reply 6 of 18
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

3DChipset has got some info about the NV25 party, taking place in San Francisco, on the 5th of February. Let's just take a quick peek @ what we're looking at...

*\tName: GeForce4 Ti600

*\tCore Clock: 300 MHz

*\tMemory: 3.3ns Hynix 128MB DDR

*\tPipelines: More
  • Reply 7 of 18
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Too soon isn't it? I still think Steve would have announced that the GF4 would be "first on the Mac" if it were that close to MWSF...that is if they will be put in Macs.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Hmm.. Interesting.. I sure hope......
  • Reply 9 of 18
    rraburrabu Posts: 264member
    A pro to announcing here would be that they may be announcing to a different audience; one that may potentially buy Macs versus their usual audience of people who already have Macs.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Sounds like it might confuse the audiance.

Announcing a new 1.6Ghz processor may not sound amazing to an uninformed audiance. Seems unlikely to me.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    wormboywormboy Posts: 220member
    No way. Apple WILL NOT announce their new powermacs at an Nvidia event. The graphics card will be a relatively minor change in the machine architecture. Apple will not want to place the focus entirely on it.

The bus, RAM, Gigawire, Firewire2, USB2 are all expected to receive significant bumps, and the NV25, while perhaps a BTO option at the Apple store, WILL NOT be the built in card on all models. I mean, the GF3 is still not the default card!

Apple might be their, and might announce support for the chipset, but the PMs would have to be unveiled in a special event before Nvidia's party, in order to allow Apple to say that they have a big OEM deal with Nvidia.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    The only reason that Steve Jobs would wait untill agfter the announcement would be if he was planning to use the chip as part of the new line, prob as a bto option.... end of story.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Another question is:

Will the party-goers spend their time listening to Steve's speech? (loooong RDF session )
  • Reply 14 of 18
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    [quote]Originally posted by catalyst:

<strong>Another question is:

Will the party-goers spend their time listening to Steve's speech? (loooong RDF session )</strong><hr></blockquote>

Exactly, I'm sure most of the people there could care less about macs. Who's this card aimed at? I'd assume primarily gamers. Is the Mac the best platform for gaming? Not even close, although it's a decent platform it's certainly not going to convert hardcore gamers (who are the only ones who'll spring for the N25). What this crowd will want to see is the fps difference in a P4 & the Athlon XP when using the N25.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,401member
    The party is around Jan 20th according to todays naked mole rat report. New G4's up to 1.4 GHz are noted in the report.

Link..

<a href="http://www.macedition.com/nmr/nmr_20020114.php"; target="_blank">http://www.macedition.com/nmr/nmr_20020114.php</a>;

- Mark
  • Reply 16 of 18
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by sc_markt:

<strong>The party is around Jan 20th according to todays naked mole rat report. New G4's up to 1.4 GHz are noted in the report.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ah, the Naked Mole Rat... Thank goodness there's still hope for the Power Mac line.

Escher
  • Reply 17 of 18
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,401member
    Escher, I don't know who this person is but some the predictions from the site have been reasonably accurate.

Believe me, I would have prefered to quote a source such as EEtimes.

- Mark
  • Reply 18 of 18
    Yeah but how do we know this "NV25 party" isn't Apple's own party for the introduction of new PowerMacs?

The GeForce 4 should be at least BTO on the new PowerMacs when it comes out. You're forgetting MWTY last year.