Best/Favorite iPhone Case

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I know I know. Another noobish iphone owner thread.

For those who haven't clicked my other thread about iPhone apps, I got an iPhone over the Holidays. Horray. Anyway, there are a lot of cases. Right now I have this InCase slider case and a screen protector, which is allright, seems "rugged" enough to help with a fall, covers the phone pretty well (although the bottom and volume button area is sort of exposed. It is a little bulky, though, and sitting on the phone for some time does make me realize that maybe something thinner would be nicer.

So, what do you all think are the best iphoen cases out there--- why?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I have a leather case by Sena- a bit pricey but it is elegant and can easily be opened by one hand. The cover is held in place magnetically so it can be simply flipped by you thumb. All ports and controls are accessible without removing the phone from the case.

Alan
  • Reply 2 of 10
    thanks for the feedback.

anyone else use a case? it's not that hard of a question to answer!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    I like to wear my phone on my belt. I've been using the Contour Showcase. Works well for me. My only complaint is the clear plastic part on the back can get a little scratched. Better than my phone getting scratched though.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The best iPhone case is the Incipio Feather. The green one goes well with the white iPhone 3G. It's very slim, secure on the phone, has a nice soft feel, a very nice feel, and come with a even a spare screen protector (plastic screen sticker). The screen protector has a lovely smooth feel to it too, better than the glass, no resistance at all.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Depends on what you want to do. I have the Griffin Clarifi because it lets me take close-up photos of book covers and bar codes and such for use by Snapper and SnapTell.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by badtux View Post

Depends on what you want to do.

I want it for an iPhone!
  • Reply 7 of 10
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    well, i guess that's a fair question (what i want it to do).

um, well like i said i have one of those incase slider cases, which feels allright and i imagine protects the phone but bulks it up quite a bit. so, i'd like it to protect the phone (and bezel), be thin and not cheaply made. nothing too dramatic.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    I want to get an Apple iPhone case. Please tell me the best one..
  • Reply 9 of 10
    vandilvandil Posts: 187member
    When I was at the AT&T store getting my phone, I picked up a $35 Belkin leather case that has a flip-top cover that secures closed with a small bit of velcro. The headphone jack, sleep button, the silencer switch and the bottom are exposed.

The case has been rugged and fine with me. So far I haven't dropped it, so all the wear is from it being in my front left pants pocket or in my inside-chest jacket pocket.

edit: also pick up a thin, peelable screen film to protect the screen.