Steve Jobs Leaving Confirmed

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
After recent apple press releases and press speculation its is Steve Jobs has desided to hand the rains to Apple's Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook and he will be in charge until Steve Jobs' hopefully returns this summer

A copy of the letter send out to apple employees

Team,

I am sure all of you saw my letter last week sharing something very personal with the Apple community. Unfortunately, the curiosity over my personal health continues to be a distraction not only for me and my family, but everyone else at Apple as well. In addition, during the past week I have learned that my health-related issues are more complex than I originally thought.

In order to take myself out of the limelight and focus on my health, and to allow everyone at Apple to focus on delivering extraordinary products, I have decided to take a medical leave of absence until the end of June.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for Apple's day to day operations, and I know he and the rest of the executive management team will do a great job. As CEO, I plan to remain involved in major strategic decisions while I am out. Our board of directors fully supports this plan.

I look forward to seeing all of you this summer.

Steve

This news has caused AAPL shares to be down $10 in the hours after this annoncement

Please see my earlier post regarding Steves Health http://tinyurl.com/7cyqz8

Has Steves illness come at a time when they need him there to manage the economical and financial diffucualties everyone is facing?