Bad randomization of pictures for desktop background

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Has anyone had problems with the rotating desktop backgrounds in Jaguar? Specifically, mine doesn't seem to be very "random." I originally divided my pictures into a number of different folders, but then I decided I also wanted a folder containing all the pictures so I could have them all show up on my desktop background. So I copied all the pictures to my "entire collection" folder. But for some reason, it seems to go to pictures from one of my folders about 80% of the time. Also, just now, it switched to a picture that didn't show up in the thumbnails along the bottom of the pref pane. I did find it in the folder, but it didn't open. It had a preview, which showed the full picture, but when it was set as the desktop, only the top half showed up, with the bottom half being gray.

Any idea what's going on?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    This sounds just as good as iTunes and the iPOD... Every time you start it up you hear the same stuff every time maybe not in the same order but they do play the same songs enough. I guess you could setup an smartlist in iTunes but than you should have to when you have it totally randomized. I tried that random desktop background thing for a little while but I didn't stay keep it going I just wanted to test it out.