Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Has anyone received their back-ordered Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter yet? I have a few users that ordered it with their new MBP to run their 30" displays. Just hoping to get them off my back soon.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    i tried two different adapters on five (!) different 30" apple cinema displays.

it did not work AT ALL! the results were mostly no external monitor found, but also system freezes occurred and the main notebook display went crazy (only a part of the upper left screen was displayed)

the technicians at the local apple reseller told me, they didn't see it working yet and even with completely new dual-link dvi cables the same problems occurred. my notebook is fine though, mini displayport to vga works.

this is a really crappy product and i hope there is a fix or a recall soon. i am really disappointed by seeing how the quality on apple products decreased in the last years.

tested with a new MBP 5,1 2.8ghz.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by z3cko View Post

i tried two different adapters on five (!) different 30" apple cinema displays.

it did not work AT ALL! the results were mostly no external monitor found, but also system freezes occurred and the main notebook display went crazy (only a part of the upper left screen was displayed)

the technicians at the local apple reseller told me, they didn't see it working yet and even with completely new dual-link dvi cables the same problems occurred. my notebook is fine though, mini displayport to vga works.

this is a really crappy product and i hope there is a fix or a recall soon. i am really disappointed by seeing how the quality on apple products decreased in the last years.

tested with a new MBP 5,1 2.8ghz.

(off topic) I would say since they Moved to intel when they've been getting more sales.