AppleTV help.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey everybody.

I looked around and couldn't find anything on the subject so, here goes...

To put it simply, I purchased two movies on my AppleTV, and now they won't sync back to my iTunes library on my PC. However when I look in the Devices menu, it shows those two movies on the aTV. I tried resyncing a bunch of times, and it doesn't seem to work.

And on a similar note, I also purchased a couple TV shows, and its the same problem, however they are syncing with my Macbook pro, which is not one of the shared libraries listed on the aTV.

I can't seem to figure it out; I've already reported the problem to iTunes support so hopefully they'll figure it out soon. I just figured I'd ask the forum, for some... emotional support. lol

thanks, matt.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MattRebs View Post

Hey everybody.

I looked around and couldn't find anything on the subject so, here goes...

To put it simply, I purchased two movies on my AppleTV, and now they won't sync back to my iTunes library on my PC. However when I look in the Devices menu, it shows those two movies on the aTV. I tried resyncing a bunch of times, and it doesn't seem to work.

And on a similar note, I also purchased a couple TV shows, and its the same problem, however they are syncing with my Macbook pro, which is not one of the shared libraries listed on the aTV.

I can't seem to figure it out; I've already reported the problem to iTunes support so hopefully they'll figure it out soon. I just figured I'd ask the forum, for some... emotional support. lol

thanks, matt.

Is it HD content? I seem to recall hearing somewhere that HD content wouldn't sync back from the ATV to the computer...I can't remember the reasoning, other than I think it was some stupid copyright thing. Don't quote me on any of this though...just vague recolelctions.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bazokajoe_2k View Post

Is it HD content? I seem to recall hearing somewhere that HD content wouldn't sync back from the ATV to the computer...I can't remember the reasoning, other than I think it was some stupid copyright thing. Don't quote me on any of this though...just vague recolelctions.

No, it was a movie purchase so it wasn't HD. But your absolutely right, HD rentals cannot be transferred back to your iTunes library.