Which netbook to buy if I want OSX installed?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm planning to buy a netbook now, and I want to have OSX install so i don't have to bother with using XP or Linux.

Which one would be the best one to go for?

Which one is the easiest to get leopard installed? Now im choosing between

the MSI Wind, Acer Aspire One and Dell Mini 9. They all seem to be nice and work with OSX. but don't know which one is the easiest to have OSX installed?

Thanks for any input

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by enochpeng View Post

I'm planning to buy a netbook now, and I want to have OSX install so i don't have to bother with using XP or Linux.

Which one would be the best one to go for?

Which one is the easiest to get leopard installed? Now im choosing between

the MSI Wind, Acer Aspire One and Dell Mini 9. They all seem to be nice and work with OSX. but don't know which one is the easiest to have OSX installed?

Thanks for any input

This is the WRONG place to ask about this - still to many fans, but it is changing in that many are stunned about ion mini and no mid range desktop, mostly switchers I suppose.

If you want an answer, you need to Google osx86 insane to get your answer.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hiimamac View Post

This is the WRONG place to ask about this - still to many fans, but it is changing in that many are stunned about ion mini and no mid range desktop, mostly switchers I suppose.

If you want an answer, you need to Google osx86 insane to get your answer.

I hear the Asus Eee PC might work. But I am not into the osx86 scene.. Not because I am a "fanboy" of this or that, just, I need to work and as such I need my Mac to work.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    The MSI Wind and the Dell have the higher compatibility so they should be easiest. The Acer I believe requires changing the wifi card as there aren't OS X drivers for the built-in one.

There is a compatibility list here:

http://www.9to5mac.com/mac-netbook-compatibilty-list

I'd pick between the Dell or MSI and use aesthetics, price, extra features to decide on which one to get.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The MSI Wind and the Dell have the higher compatibility so they should be easiest. The Acer I believe requires changing the wifi card as there aren't OS X drivers for the built-in one.

There is a compatibility list here:

http://www.9to5mac.com/mac-netbook-compatibilty-list

I'd pick between the Dell or MSI and use aesthetics, price, extra features to decide on which one to get.

The Dell has no fan, so it would be quietest, if that matters.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    MSI Wind, hands down. I am dual booting XP Pro and Leopard. After upgrading to a 250gb 7200 rpm drive and another 1 Gb of RAM plus a Dell 1510 wireless N card it's a little kickass machine for about $500.00. And everything works.