Can't install OSX 10.5.4 over 10.5.5 macbook

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hello Guys,

I got a little problem. I have a new aluminium macbook 2.4ghz with leopard 10.5.5, but i want to install 10.5.4. I have a dvd of a friend of my who has 10.5.4, but when I put the dvd in my macbook it won't go to the setup mode when holding the c-button. So then I am trying to installing it when am logged in my macbook, but then it's only keeps restarting over and over again. Is it possible to put 10.5.4 on the new macbook or can't I use the dvd of my friend because its only for his macbook??

Can anyone help me with this please???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Insideyou View Post

Can anyone help me with this please???

OMFG.
    • If you want to downgrade to an older OS [that is newer than the one that shipped with your computer], then the least painful way is to do an Archive & Install.

• You can't install the OS on the System Restore disc from one computer onto another computer.

• You can't install an OS on a Mac that is older than the one that shipped with it.

What on Earth possessed you to try to downgrade your OS?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Hello Guys,

I got a little problem. I have a new aluminium macbook 2.4ghz with leopard 10.5.5, but i want to install 10.5.4.

Why? There's no good reason I can think of.

Quote:

Is it possible to put 10.5.4 on the new macbook

No. Only the OS that shipped with it or newer ones will include the necessary drivers. The public version of 10.5.5 does not (your MacBook shipped with a later build), and neither does 10.5.4 or anything older.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    the reason why I want to downgrade it is because I want to jailbreak my iphone, but the software has to be on 10.5.4 thats why
  • Reply 4 of 9
    vandilvandil Posts: 187member
    You cannot install (or boot) a build of OSX that is lower than the one that shipped with your hardware. Sorry.

As for jailbreaking your iPhone, there are a variety of ways to do that. For example, if you use BootCamp and install XP or Vista, you can run the appropriate jailbreaking apps while booted into Windows.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vandil View Post

You cannot install (or boot) a build of OSX that is lower than the one that shipped with your hardware. Sorry.

As for jailbreaking your iPhone, there are a variety of ways to do that. For example, if you use BootCamp and install XP or Vista, you can run the appropriate jailbreaking apps while booted into Windows.

so it is possible to jailbreak in bootcamp windows???
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

the reason why I want to downgrade it is because I want to jailbreak my iphone, but the software has to be on 10.5.4 thats why

Really? I just jailbroke my iPhone and I'm on 10.5.6.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    vandilvandil Posts: 187member
    Quote:

so it is possible to jailbreak in bootcamp windows???

Yes it is.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    how>?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

how>?

This isn't a Hackintosh forum for you to get help breaking your software so you can get some hacks running.

Look around. There are forums available to do that.