Postbox- a new Thunderbird based email client

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
http://www.postbox-inc.com/

Quote:

Introducing, Postbox.

Postbox is a new way to manage online communication. It lets you spend less time managing messages and more time getting things done. But what makes Postbox really useful is the way it lets you find and reuse all kinds of content hidden deep within your email. After all, it?s your email. Make the most of it.

Focus

Postbox lets you organize your mail by topic so you can focus on one thing at a time. Incoming topic-related messages are automatically displayed. Anything else stays in the background until you need it. Don?t worry, an unobtrusive counter displays incoming messages by topic so you can still keep an eye on things without losing your focus.

Find

Postbox works behind the scenes to catalog everything in your email. We mean everything: every bit of text in the body of your messages, every contact, address or web link. Every picture, document or attachment. It?s all in the catalog and it?s all searchable. To make what you?ve found easier to use, search results are delivered in context. Text is displayed in multi-sentence abstracts, messages in threads, and images and documents as thumbnails with associated information.

Free Your Mail

Once you?ve found it, you can really start doing things. Postbox is designed to break down barriers. Any mail content can be annotated or combined with information from the web to create new mail messages. Want to get the information out of Postbox? No problem. You can post content to online communities and sharing sites right from the Postbox window. Want to get web content into Postbox? Just as easy. A handy sidebar lets you pull in information directly from Internet search engines, reference sites and photo-sharing or other online communities.

Main Interface

Conversation View

Document Search

Image Search

Text Search

Topic Panel

Contacts Panel

New Message window with image search

New Message window with places search

Looks interesting. The downsides are no unified mailbox currently and it's not as fast as mail.app.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Wow! Looks awesome. I signed up the for beta... It looks like Apple Mail on steroids.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I'm on the Beta list as well.

Beyond mail.app and the new Eudora 8 which is based on Thunderbird as well I believe, there aren't many options for people looking for more mail features.

I'll definitely give this program a whirl.