Airport Network Details

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi everyone.

I am wondering if I am getting a good transfer rate on my time capsule. (Using leopard). If I alt (option) click on the airport icon on the top of the screen, I can get details to my network. One of the details is transfer. I am assuming this is the speed of my network. Do you know what this is measured in? When I have the time capsule as a G router I get a transfer of 130. When I have the TC as an N router, I get a transfer of 200 - 264. Can anyone tell me if these numbers are good, or do I need to do something to get the numbers closer to where they should be.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by twr314 View Post

Hi everyone.

I am wondering if I am getting a good transfer rate on my time capsule. (Using leopard). If I alt (option) click on the airport icon on the top of the screen, I can get details to my network. One of the details is transfer. I am assuming this is the speed of my network. Do you know what this is measured in? When I have the time capsule as a G router I get a transfer of 130. When I have the TC as an N router, I get a transfer of 200 - 264. Can anyone tell me if these numbers are good, or do I need to do something to get the numbers closer to where they should be.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

I'll check mine when I get home but that sounds about right
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if I would need to get an airport express to extend it to reduce the noise, since the TC is 2 floors away from the mac.