Desktop Pix

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I am currently running version 10.1.5 (I plan to move up to Jaguar very soon). Anyways, I have only been using OS-X for just under a month now and I noticed that there are no options for the placement of a desktop picture. With older versions of MacOS you were able set your desktop pic and then choose whether to scale to screen, center on screen, tile, etc.

With OS-X, once I select my desktop, there aren't any options to choose the positioning, so now I am not able to use some of my favorite desktop pix because OS-X won't display them properly.

Is there something I am overlooking or is this the way that OS-X is? Also, has this changed with Jaguar. I know this must seem like a minor issue, but I have pix of some rather nice looking, half naked women that are sitting around doing nothing because OS-X doesn't do them justice, LOL.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Funnily enough, that feature has just made it into 10.2.1...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    rhoqrhoq Posts: 190member
    Thank you. I plan to jump up to Jaguar soon. It will be nice to get that feature back.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Yes, 10.2 gives Mac OS X the positioning controls.

Alternatively, while you're stuck in 10.1.x land, you can use TinkerTool to set the position of your desktop image.