Some probs, need help, please !

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I received my new dual 867 MHz yesterday. Unfortunately, I'm experiencing some difficulties with it :

1-Music CDs do not mount on the desktop. iTunes isn't able to play my music ! I dunno why.

2-The Adaptec SCSI card installed inside doesn't work. I can't mount any external SCSI drive yet. This is VERY important to me and is a major pain in the ass. ?%$#&@*&(

Here's the exact settup :

Dual 867 MHz, 1 GB ram, 60 GB HD, GF4MX card, Adaptec SCSI card in a PCI slot.

The HD is partitioned in four partitions. I made a clean install of OS X (jaguar) on two of them (one is for experimenting with the OS, in the near future). Two partitions are empty. I didn't installed any software yet (except the OS and the SCSI card driver).

I installed the OS X driver that came on CD with the SCSI card on both partitions with the OS. The external SCSI drives are an old APS MO (magneto-optical) drive and an old APS CD drive. They aren't recognised by the OS. I know the drives are ok, because they are working properly on another Mac. The SCSI cable is ok too. I tried to use one drive at a time, with the proper SCSI termination, without any luck.

What do you think ? Any idea ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Kali:

<strong>

1-Music CDs do not mount on the desktop. iTunes isn't able to play my music ! I dunno why.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Finally... someone else with the same problem that I'm having. Maybe someone can give us an answer on what to do.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    Sadly OSX still lacks support for lots of legacy hardware. If the SCSI devices aren't recognised by the Apple System Profiler (in the Applications | Utilities folder), with the generic driver supplied with the SCSI card installed, you may simply be out of luck.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Call Apple support. Simple.