iMac/iLamp is cool...(experience)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I went down to the Apple store in the mall of america yesterday... to get a look at the "iLamp" and it is cool...

doesnt really look that much like a lamp in person...

the store was packed and the new iMac had a "ever present" crowd of people around it... you had to wait almost 10 min in line just to get to play with it...

the base was a bit larger than I thought but by no means large... and it is cool looking to / futuristic...

The most impressive thing i realized was there "IS" a fan...!!! And it is always "ON"... The base is "Cool" to the touch - YES I said "Cool" to the touch and I couldnt hear the fan... I had my ear up next to the base an nothing... There was a crowd but they werent that loud... you could feel a breeze coming thru the top all of the time...

I am impressed... the screen isnt as easy to push around as they would have you think... it isnt hard... but it isnt as light as a cloud either...

If I had the money I would buy one...

I sat outside the store for about 20 min just watching the store catch peoples eyes as they walked by... it was kinda cool how almost every one on that side of the hall stoped to go in, if not just browse thru the windows... for a minute... almost every one under 18 stopped to tell their parent how cool the iBook was in the display...

They held a couple 10.1 shows in the back and I learned a whole bunch of little things about 10.1 that I didnt even know...

just FYI...

E PLURIBUS UNIX

-----------------------------

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Current Hardware?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Nice, nice. Oh why doesn't Apple build a store here? Argh!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Where is the Sleep light on the new iMac? Does the light look cool?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    are there any controls on the monitor (eg for sleep)?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    The iMac monitor has holes on the bottom left and right. Left hole = microphone. Right hole = light

I was under the impression the iMac fan was not always on.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Moving to Current Hardware.