How to make an iweb website a .com

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
hi i made an iweb website for my home business and wanted to publish it on the internet. i bought a domain at bigdaddy but i dont know how to make the website show up on the domain i bought it only shows up on tee automated mobileme website.

thanks for any help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Where are you hosting the domain? On MobileMe or an external server?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    i am hosting it on mobileme. i already have a website URL that i bought off of GoDaddy.com

thanks for replying
  • Reply 3 of 5
    In iWeb, under the "Help" menu, select "iWeb Help"... then in the search box, type "domain name hosting" ... it should come up with a couple of topics that might help you.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alex Julian View Post

i am hosting it on mobileme. i already have a website URL that i bought off of GoDaddy.com

thanks for replying

1) Log into your GoDaddy account.

2) Under Domains, click Domain Manager.

3) Click on your domain name.

4) Click on Forwarding link.

5) In the Foward to: field, type your mobile me URL (http://web.me.com/<your mobileme name>)

6) Click OK.

It will take a few minutes for the forward to update, but after that, you should be able to type in your domain that you bought and it will forward to your mobile me site.

Hope this helps.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Yup. It's pretty easy to do if you just follow the directions. I have my personal site hosted on there and multiple other sites hosted by a separate host. But the mobileme stuff works like a charm for my personal site.