syncing in iPhoto '09

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've long wanted to sync my iPhoto Library between my iMac and Macbook (and if possible avoid uploading the entire library and then downloading, so much as just the images each library doesn't have in common with the other). Since using the Faces and Places tool for much of the afternoon I'm doubly keen so that I don't have to spend all day editing this on both systems. Is there anyway I can sync the two? Maybe using MobileMe gallery?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mpw_amherst View Post

I've long wanted to sync my iPhoto Library between my iMac and Macbook (and if possible avoid uploading the entire library and then downloading, so much as just the images each library doesn't have in common with the other). Since using the Faces and Places tool for much of the afternoon I'm doubly keen so that I don't have to spend all day editing this on both systems. Is there anyway I can sync the two? Maybe using MobileMe gallery?

I have in the past connected to my Mac Mini from my iBook and pointed iPhoto (on my iBook) to my iPhoto Library (on my Mac Mini). It's slow, but it works.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    As a relatively new Mac user (going on two years) I'm surprised the Apple hasn't developed a slick sync feature for their applications. With the Mac explosion of the past few years from converted PC users you'd think this would be on their to-do list.

I for one find it terribly frustrating trying to keep our family's iPhoto and iTunes libraries current on our iMac and MacBook without manually duplicating our efforts.

Bill
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wgb113 View Post

As a relatively new Mac user (going on two years) I'm surprised the Apple hasn't developed a slick sync feature for their applications. With the Mac explosion of the past few years from converted PC users you'd think this would be on their to-do list.

I for one find it terribly frustrating trying to keep our family's iPhoto and iTunes libraries current on our iMac and MacBook without manually duplicating our efforts.

Bill

I know. I can see no reason why this hasn't been done for iPhoto and with iTunes now DRM free no reason why it hasn't been incorporated into the latest update of iTunes.