Is this Too-Much Heat?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey! I have one of the newest MacBooks

and I recently got a job in ARIZONA

in Security. Much to my dismay, I learned that similarly to

what Police officers have to do, I'll have to do ALOT of paperwork! Most people in my new employ do it all by hand.

However my thought is that since so much of it is repetitious, why-not copy/paste the info on my MacBook?

I will be working at night, yet during the summer, it can still remain between 100-120degrees!

So my question is, can a new MacBook hang with that?

How about the LCD screen? Can it hang?

I don't want to sacrifice my Mac if this is too much heat!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Referencing the tech specs on Apple's site: http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html

Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F

(10° to 35° C)

Seems you'd be out of look. However, working in 100-120°F is ridiculous, I'm not sure if you'd be inside or outside, but most inside areas are generally air conditioned. If there area where the macbook was being kept was decent, I wouldn't see an issue but using it outside in those temperatures for longer period of time I would assume to be quite damaging.

Paper it is
  • Reply 2 of 4
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andybosik View Post

Hey! I have one of the newest MacBooks

and I recently got a job in ARIZONA

in Security. Much to my dismay, I learned that similarly to

what Police officers have to do, I'll have to do ALOT of paperwork! Most people in my new employ do it all by hand.

However my thought is that since so much of it is repetitious, why-not copy/paste the info on my MacBook?

I will be working at night, yet during the summer, it can still remain between 100-120degrees!

So my question is, can a new MacBook hang with that?

How about the LCD screen? Can it hang?

I don't want to sacrifice my Mac if this is too much heat!

Wow. If you're talking 110 degrees even at night, without air conditioning[?], that's a little bit too much for your Macbook.

Anything under 95 degrees is fine (with or without air conditioning, it's the ambient temperature that matters). (Trust me, I am in hot and humid South East Asia...)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    How can people even work in 100-120 degrees anyways? All the time? Dude (original poster) -- what kinda job is it exactly?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MuffinDCC View Post

Referencing the tech specs on Apple's site: http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html

Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F

(10° to 35° C)

Seems you'd be out of look. However, working in 100-120°F is ridiculous, I'm not sure if you'd be inside or outside, but most inside areas are generally air conditioned. If there area where the macbook was being kept was decent, I wouldn't see an issue but using it outside in those temperatures for longer period of time I would assume to be quite damaging.

Paper it is

• Reply 4 of 4
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

How can people even work in 100-120 degrees anyways? All the time? Dude (original poster) -- what kinda job is it exactly?

He did say Arizona. And these temperatures are quite common there. In fact 100+ is very common in the American Southwest and much gets done. Both inside and out, air conditioned or not. Your electronics will wilt before you do.

Edit:

I reread your post and saw that you are in South East Asia. And you complained about the humidity. Arizona has a "dry heat". That is hot temperatures with very low humidity. Agreed, 100 degrees F with high humidity (+90%) is miserable. 110 degrees with low humidity (<10%) is doable. -- While searching for a humidity value I found a humidity report of 2% for early summer.