iPhone calendar color scheme useless after update

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
After I updated my iPhone on Thursday, the standard colors for calendar events mysteriously changed. Previously, the middle color in the setup window was dark burgundy. Now, my default color is aquamarine with white letters. This color scheme makes seeing the letters impossible.

Has anyone else seen this and do you know of a fix. I tried a hard reset, then did a full Restore at the recommendation of the folks at the Genius Bar to no avail.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Marc

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jfran2jfran2 Posts: 2member
    This happened to me as well! I've been searching the web for an answer to no avail. Lots of info about changing the calendar color in iCal or MobileMe, but I don't use either product. This light blue color is worthless! I tried simply setting my default calendar to one of the different colors, but when I make a calendar entry in Outlook on my desktop, it still synchronizes to the light blue calendar.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jfran2jfran2 Posts: 2member
    I just tried something very simple and it worked! I went to my Outlook account in the Settings and turned off the calendar, then turned it back on again. My nice default purple color is back!