What happened to this article? Win 7 for Mac...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm trying to figure out what happened to an article I saw on the front page of AI. It was titled Exploring Windows 7 for Mac Users and it seemed to be a followup to the running series on Mac OSX vs. Windows 7. I checked it out on my iPhone this morning at work and when I went to read the comments like I always do for articles, it was gone. Was it removed for some reason, or did I just dream it up?

When I "Google'd" it I found a link:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...mac_users.html

But when loaded the link just brings up an AI page with links to all sorts of other stories and nothing for that one, not even an error message. I searched the forums too, but can't seem to find anything there dealing with the article. What's the deal?

Speedys123

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Me too? I had the tab open, closed it by mistake? tried to reload and GONE!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I think the link below is for the forum discussion: forum page

It returns a permission error. I was looking forward to reading other readers responses, since I put some time last night into a short response on processor support. Maybe it's been removed for editing or whatever reasons.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks for the link. I find it quite strange and perplexed why an article gets removed like that without a hint of reasons why. Removing the article is okay with me. AI can do whatever it wants, but the entire discussion thread was also removed.

They could've removed just the article and the article text within the thread, while keeping the thread discussions and note a reason why it was removed. The thread then would've to be locked, since the context of the discussions was deleted. I would rather have a locked thread than one that got deleted without explanations. It seems so Orwellian when things disappear like that.