When can I expect to see the next version of Final Cut Express?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
A friend of mine was interested in editing his own videos for hosting them later on the web, and I was wondering if it would be wise for him to buy Final Cut Express 4 now or wait?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by L255J View Post

A friend of mine was interested in editing his own videos for hosting them later on the web, and I was wondering if it would be wise for him to buy Final Cut Express 4 now or wait?

Can he wait until May or June?

If I were to hazard a guess I'd say probably the April-May timeframe. Apple's not going to exhibit at NAB this year so I don't expect any updates then but Q2 sounds like a good time to announce the nextgen Final Cut Studio and Final Cut Express. If iMovie '09 is any indication of where Apple is going i'd look for a revamped UI but not too drastic. I'd expect realtime features to be extensive and project management to take a bit leap forward. I'm curious to see where Soundtrack Pro 3 is going to go as well. Hell while Apple is feeling giving why don't they toss in Logic Express as well? Hehehehe.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    l255jl255j Posts: 57member
    Well, he may have to until he gets the extra cheese, which may work in his favor if the next version could be coming so soon.