AAPL Price Moves

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
So, what's with the massive upswing in APPL, up almost every day, in the last couple of weeks? And +2.5% today, when there seems to be no major news (other than Kindle)?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    It is just the market moving up, nothing apple specific. I sold at 96 hoping for a pullback, and it didn't work out for me...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

It is just the market moving up, nothing apple specific. I sold at 96 hoping for a pullback, and it didn't work out for me...

No, I am afraid it's not the market moving up.

Since January 21, Apple is up ~25%, while the NASDAQ has been flat, and the S&500 is up less than 2%.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    floorjackfloorjack Posts: 2,726member
    The market is moving up. I watch it everyday. A solid company like apple will out preform the indexes these days but all in all things are going higher lately. I'm still worried about a long slow summer slide. I keep hoping were at the bottom. BUY BABY BUY!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

The market is moving up. I watch it everyday. A solid company like apple will out preform the indexes these days but all in all things are going higher lately. I'm still worried about a long slow summer slide. I keep hoping were at the bottom. BUY BABY BUY!

See above.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

No, I am afraid it's not the market moving up.

Since January 21, Apple is up ~25%, while the NASDAQ has been flat, and the S&500 is up less than 2%.

That is more than two weeks. Apple announced earnings on Jan 21st.

Since Jan 26th the Nasdaq is up 7.23%, and Apple is up 15.48%, which is what you would expect for a Beta 2.05 stock. The only other thing that might have moved the stock is people losing their fear of Steve dying (i.e. it will all be OK, and he probably will never be back as a full time CEO).
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

That is more than two weeks. Apple announced earnings on Jan 21st.

Since Jan 26th the Nasdaq is up 7.23%, and Apple is up 15.48%, which is what you would expect for a Beta 2.05 stock. The only other thing that might have moved the stock is people losing their fear of Steve dying (i.e. it will all be OK, and he probably will never be back as a full time CEO).

Fair enough: I should have been more precise. I should have said 2.5 weeks (what I really meant in my question was, since the day of Apple's latest quarterly earnings call on Jan 21).

Indeed, the fact that it has moved up consistently and remarkably over what its ß would predict is what grabbed my interest (although, I am sure you'll agree, the ß is a useful measure over a longer haul than just few weeks). Could be, as you say, the disappearance of the SJ fears, but even on that front, I do not seem to have seen any specific news.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Ouch. I'm still hangin' in there. I figure I'll sell when it gets back to 200.