Exporting Entourage to Mail/Address Book

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I've never used Mail.app. Now that Apple's little hub thing is becoming more complete, with the improved hubapps in Jag and now iSync (for my iPod), I think I'm ready to take the plunge and rid myself of Microsoft.

Two things I'm worried about.

1. I've subscribed to .mac but I'm not ready to give up my Hotmail junk accounts. Is there any other way to access Hotmail mail besides HTML mail (which I can't stand) or Entourage/OE (which generally work great with Hotmail)? If not, is there any way to transfer OE mail to Mail.app automatically?

2. How do I transfer my mail archives to mail.app so I can access my old mail without having to launch e-rage?

3. What's the easiest way to transfer my contacts to Address Book?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    i dont know about 1)...

but 2) open mail and import mailboxes from entourage

3) open address section in entourage and select all of the contacts. Drag to a folder in finder. They will be automatically converted to vcards. you can then drag or import into apples address book.

If you find you are missing any contacts an alternate way is to select all the contacts in entourage then then under the contacts menu select forward vards and email then to yourself. Select the attachments (which are now vcards) and drag into your address book.

Also if you have two contacts which are the same but with different bits of info in them (eg email addy in one and phone number in another) selct the two address and "merge" them under cards menu.

I switched from entourage a few weeks ago and am happy with the alternative