buy macbook NOW or WAIT till snow leopard release?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
so i'm in need of a new computer and want to switch over to a mac. i know i want a macbook but with all this news about the release of snow leopard in qtr 1 2009, i didn't know whether or not i should buy a macbook now or wait till snow leopard comes out. any advice?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    I would never hold off buying a computer just because of an OS release. You can buy the release, keep it for yourself to install on another Mac if necessary. If you buy a Mac with Leopard on it, you can only install on that Mac.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by big_daff View Post

so i'm in need of a new computer and want to switch over to a mac. i know i want a macbook but with all this news about the release of snow leopard in qtr 1 2009, i didn't know whether or not i should buy a macbook now or wait till snow leopard comes out. any advice?

I am thinking about waiting to. But I agree with macxpress. I would not wait for a OS. However my question is what will happen to the hardware? I would hate to buy a macbook 2.4 now and tomorrow it have 4gigs of ram and a bigger hard drive-same price.

I have been waiting for about a month to buy... I must admit I am tired of waiting.

see yall
  • Reply 3 of 3
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by larryharvey View Post

I am thinking about waiting to. But I agree with macxpress. I would not wait for a OS. However my question is what will happen to the hardware? I would hate to buy a macbook 2.4 now and tomorrow it have 4gigs of ram and a bigger hard drive-same price.

I have been waiting for about a month to buy... I must admit I am tired of waiting.

see yall

Now that's a hoot! If you knew the number and length of waiting time on a particular Mac to be updated and then buy by a large number of people of these forums, then I don't think you would have said "I have been waiting for about a month to buy.."