random changes in sound preferences and other quirks of 10.2.1

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
get random changes to certain programs/preferences/drivers in 10.2.1....none awful, but hopefully they will be addressed in 10.2.2....

so far

1. every couple of days my iMac will not "see" my printer...have to power down and back up and all is fine for a couple of more days....wasn't a problem when i use to shut down every night...but now i like to keep the sucker on all the time..

2. sound preferences will randomly change sometimes....usually with the iSub only....sometime going to zero or to max volume

couple of others i can't think of at the moment, but it seems that the system "misplaces" or loses info every so often....g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I have run across both these issues in OS X 10.2, not just 10.2.1. I'm using SoundSticks too. The printer issue seems to be gone though.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>I have run across both these issues in OS X 10.2, not just 10.2.1. I'm using SoundSticks too. The printer issue seems to be gone though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I also suffered the same issues with my soundsticks. very annoying indeed. Especially when i opened entourage and my soundsticks blasted the opening sound... totally defeaning