What's Your Take On Marvel Motion Comics?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I posted this X-Men motion comic video from youtube on my site. I really am digging the concept of having my favorite super heroes in motion on my iPhone. Are you guys as excited as I am?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    No. Being a former comics reader, this doesn't impress me. Using slide show techniques and camera pans makes it look cheap. Why not download tv episodes instead.

I like the dvds that archive the entire run of the comic book. Like 40 years of xmen.

However, the comics industry has a bigger problem. Like dwindling monthly sales. Aging readership. And lack of kid interest in comics. Comics are no longer a form of entertainment for mass audiences. Without the montly comics, there will be no tv shows, movies, and toys.

The biz should stop getting sidetracked with motion comics and focus on it failing business. Bring comcis back to the kids at the corner store. It should be a cheap form of entertainment. Costing no more than a candy bar.

Having worked in publishing, it it very expensive to publish any book. Having a readership of 10 000 per book is not feasable. The future of comics publishing maybe something like the itunes store. I don't like it. Reading from you pc or printing it out on your own printer isn't the same experience.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    Slide shows and camera pans? Sounds even more lame than the old Marvel Super Heroes cartoon from the 1960s.

You're right. Comics are just too damn expensive. I remember when they used to be 15¢. By the end of the 70s, they had more than tripled to 50¢. I think the main psychological barrier came at the dollar mark. Comics for kids should not cost more than a buck. The companies just aim at speculators nowadays, even though that market collapsed years ago. There is no need for high quality paper and fancy printing processes. Just give kids cheap but fun books on the old, yellowish paper.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Most of the kid-oriented comics are quite cheap. Fortunately, most comics these days are not aimed at kids, and are actually rather interesting.

Another vote against 'motion comics'... I've seen a few, and they've all had the quality of a bad Hanna/Barbera cartoon, with an even lower frame rate, if you can believe it.