Airport Software 2.1.1 available...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
...hit your Software Update button.

[quote]This software update provides improved AirPort wireless networking software.

New Features

This software includes the latest version of the snow (dual-Ethernet) base station firmware - v4.0.7. Instructions for updating the base station firmware can be found in AirPort Help.

There is a new checkbox in the AirPort tab of the AirPort Admin Utility that allows the base station administrator to enable or disable configuration of the base station over the WAN port.

When enabling Internet Sharing over AirPort (commonly referred to as a Software Base Station) you can enter a quoted or hex-escaped password. This provides compatibility with Windows or other wireless clients that require an Equivalent Network Password.<hr></blockquote>

4.2MB. Oh, and it requires a restart.

[ 10-02-2002: Message edited by: Belle ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    since 4.0.6 is working so well for me with my two iMacs...should i still download this or avoid it?

g
  • Reply 2 of 5
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    If you are anal about security, you might want to download it., otherwise people could possibly discover your password and hijack your basestation remotely. Not really a big deal, but if someone does do this, you'll probably have to do a hardware reset of your basestation, which is a rather confusing process.

It probably doesn't matter if you have you're not using the other advanced features of the basestation, like MAC address filtering, disabling BSSID broadcasting, WEP encryption, etc.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    ah hell, i'm weak about these things and already downloaded it...it worked with no probs and i am now using 4.0.7 without difficulties....thanks g
  • Reply 4 of 5
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    I also heard it makes the basestation work with PCs better. Too bad they didn't have this update 6 months ago when I spent 2 days trying to get my basestation working with a POS XP box.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Works good for me after download and install.

I am always amazed that I can download via an airport connection and update airport at the same time.