New macbook monitor pixel problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Recently I was cleaning my computer and screen with the supplied soft cloth and compressed air. After carefully spraying air onto the screen I noticed a faint white dust like particle on the screen. I tried to wipe it down by moistening the cloth and using my nail while being wrapped by the cloth. Eventhough it completely looked like a small particle on the outside (and I do pay attention to detail) it seems to be embedded under the screen like a light grey/white pixel. Im curious if the partial cold air could have caused the damage to the pixel or if anyone came across such phenomenon? Any suggestion or input will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by montevina View Post

Recently I was cleaning my computer and screen with the supplied soft cloth and compressed air. After carefully spraying air onto the screen I noticed a faint white dust like particle on the screen. I tried to wipe it down by moistening the cloth and using my nail while being wrapped by the cloth. Eventhough it completely looked like a small particle on the outside (and I do pay attention to detail) it seems to be embedded under the screen like a light grey/white pixel. Im curious if the partial cold air could have caused the damage to the pixel or if anyone came across such phenomenon? Any suggestion or input will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds very possible, you should use eye glass cleaner. Compressed air is brutal. It might go away if it gets warmed up...

Laters...