Dual 800mhz G4 tower - charitable ideas?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I've got a tower I never use anymore: dual 800mhz G4 w/ a superdrive. Would rather give it to someone who could actually use it than deal with the hassle of ebay. Any suggestions, insiders?

And if you're going to suggest yourself, which is no doubt inevitable, you better have a reason why this would be helping people.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Where in the world is this system. as i know a struggling inner city youth project that are trying to teach kids music software, DJ'ing and the likes...

im sure this would be perfect for some cubase or the likes....
  • Reply 2 of 4
    There's always Freecycle or Craigslist.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dude abides View Post

I've got a tower I never use anymore: dual 800mhz G4 w/ a superdrive. Would rather give it to someone who could actually use it than deal with the hassle of ebay. Any suggestions, insiders?

And if you're going to suggest yourself, which is no doubt inevitable, you better have a reason why this would be helping people.

A school of some sort, possibly one you feel has many "underprivileged" kids, actually even a primary school, would find it very useful. Speak to their IT guys/gals, if they are already using Macs I'm sure they would welcome a dual G4 800mhz. Even running Tiger and iLife'06, with Firefox for web stuff, overall, it's a decent machine for even another two years.

Good luck and good on ya.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJMarkyMarc View Post

Where in the world is this system. as i know a struggling inner city youth project that are trying to teach kids music software, DJ'ing and the likes...

im sure this would be perfect for some cubase or the likes....

Garageband '08 might also work okay on that.