Anti-Glare 17" MPB

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Has anyone actually seen an Anti-Glare version 17" MPB functioning in the wild? Last I checked, Apple has a lone promotional shot on their website and no one seems to have received one for testing. I'm curious as to how Apple actually achieved this. Did they use some sort of anti-glare glass or, as some have speculated, did they just remove the glass entirely and replace the bezel with another? One of the positive aspects of having the glass, I have heard it stated, is that it increases the stability of the cover, which is a nice idea. So, if it's the latter choice and they simply removed the glass, does this affect the integrity of the screen?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

Here

or

this

Thanks, D. That is just what I was looking for, in terms of images. I'm sure they'll cover the construction in future reviews, once people actually get some 1-on-1 time.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teejaysplace24 View Post

Thanks, D. That is just what I was looking for, in terms of images. I'm sure they'll cover the construction in future reviews, once people actually get some 1-on-1 time.

You're welcome. My unibody 17" MacBook Pro "anti glare" should be in my hands by Wednesday. I can't wait!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

You're welcome. My unibody 17" MacBook Pro "anti glare" should be in my hands by Wednesday. I can't wait!

Jammy Git!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Engadget has a new update with their Anti-Glare model.