New Administrator change...impact on settings

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am giving my old G4 iMac 20 (OS X 10.4.11) to a relative and have transferred my files; cleared caches, passwords, etc. and setup selected apps, iTunes songs, and iPhoto pictures for the new user. In order to conclude this iMac transfer, I have several questions:

When I change the Mac account to the new user and make her the administrator, what impact on the settings, iTunes songs, iPhoto phones, etc. whenever I delete my account/administrator?

What do I do with .Mac which she does not have membership yet?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Make her an Administrator, then log in as her, then delete your account. I'm assuming you got all your stuff off and you configured all the settings under her account
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

Make her an Administrator, then log in as her, then delete your account. I'm assuming you got all your stuff off and you configured all the settings under her account

No...I changed the settings under my name and have not yet setup her name...now how do I tranfer the settings to her?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by switchfromdell View Post

No...I changed the settings under my name and have not yet setup her name...now how do I tranfer the settings to her?

I would either redo them under her account or have her do it. That way she could get familiar with how a Mac works
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

I would either redo them under her account or have her do it. That way she could get familiar with how a Mac works

Could I not duplicate the settings both in my account name and hers since I have plenty of hard drive space. Maybe by copying all the files in my user to her user>