Proof of new displays coming soon???

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Found a link to this on DealNN. A 15 inch Studio Display for $399



<a href="http://www.imagiq.com/IQStore.taf"; target="_blank">http://www.imagiq.com/IQStore.taf</a>;



Notice it says "EOL".



I really hope Apple offers an LCD at 599 or less. I don't want to spend the extra money on a 17 inch LCD when I don't need it

Even 799 for a 17 inch isn't so great.



Maybe I should pick up this 15 inch before its too late :eek:
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 34
    Nice...
  • Reply 2 of 34
    Apple should make a 3" Game Boy sized LCD for people who are really cheap!
  • Reply 3 of 34
    [quote]Originally posted by sizzle chest:

    <strong>Apple should make a 3" Game Boy sized LCD for people who are really cheap!</strong><hr></blockquote>



    Not being able to afford something does not make you cheap.





    If I could afford it I'd buy the 22 inch, but some of us actually have bills to pay.



    <img src="confused.gif" border="0">
  • Reply 4 of 34
    Yeah, but they're out of stock.



    Andrew
  • Reply 5 of 34
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    If you can't afford LCD. Go for CRT. This is what I am doing.



    Yeah, it's bulky, ugly, da da da but it doesn't hurt my wallet
  • Reply 6 of 34
    [quote]Originally posted by Willoughby:

    <strong>



    Not being able to afford something does not make you cheap.





    If I could afford it I'd buy the 22 inch, but some of us actually have bills to pay.



    :confused: </strong><hr></blockquote>





    Golly, man, I was just kidding. I agree that Apple needs an entry-level display of SOME kind. It would be foolish for a company's cheapest monitor to cost $999.
  • Reply 7 of 34
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Now that the Cube is dead, look for Apple to drop ADC. Maybe they'll come out with an external monitor that will actually work with their own portables.
  • Reply 8 of 34
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    [quote]Originally posted by sizzle chest:

    <strong>

    Golly, man, I was just kidding. I agree that Apple needs an entry-level display of SOME kind. It would be foolish for a company's cheapest monitor to cost $999.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    Yeah, sorry. I'm just a bit touchy on the whole money thing.



    Leonis, I could afford the 15 inch LCD, so its a shame if Apple discontinues it and doesn't have a monitor at that price point. Thats $599 that will have to go to another company <img src="graemlins/hmmm.gif" border="0" alt="[Hmmm]" />
  • Reply 9 of 34
    Drop ADC? Really? Didn't Formac just come out with a 17" LCD with ADC? I though maybe it was kinda catching on?
  • Reply 10 of 34
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

    <strong>If you can't afford LCD. Go for CRT. This is what I am doing.



    Yeah, it's bulky, ugly, da da da but it doesn't hurt my wallet </strong><hr></blockquote>





    I just hope my brain doesn't get cancer from being right in front of the CRT.
  • Reply 11 of 34
    Apple shoud add ADC to the portables.



    SdC
  • Reply 12 of 34
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    [quote]Originally posted by suckfuldotcom:

    <strong>Apple shoud add ADC to the portables.



    SdC</strong><hr></blockquote>



    While nice for the home/office user who just wants to connect to their Apple display, users on the road need VGA to be able to connect to standard monitors. Notice that the new iMac has VGA video out, but no ADC port.



    If you really want ADC on your PowerBook, buy a stupid adapter!
  • Reply 13 of 34
    [quote]Originally posted by suckfuldotcom:



    <strong>Apple shoud add ADC to the portables.



    SdC</strong><hr></blockquote>



    In addition to carrying video, usb and sync signals, ADC powers the displays so it would not be feasible in a portable unless you want 5 minutes of battery life.
  • Reply 14 of 34
    There's no ADC adapter, right? So buying one would be hard.



    On another note, my bet is that Apple makes the next generation of LCDs widescreen across the line. It seems the proper move to make in positioning themselves against the PC competitors. It also fits well for the digital video market. Then 15" would be replaced by a 17" and the 22" would remain.



    Logic dictates it!
  • Reply 15 of 34
    Has anyone seen the Formac LCD in person? Does it even really exist yet?
  • Reply 16 of 34
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    [quote]Originally posted by apple.otaku:

    <strong>



    In addition to carrying video, usb and sync signals, ADC powers the displays so it would not be feasible in a portable unless you want 5 minutes of battery life.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    I wonder if they couldn't regulate it like they do with the PowerBook, and using it with external monitors.



    You can't use a PowerBook with an external keyboard/mouse and display with the lid closed, unless you have it plugged in, right?



    Couldn't they rig it so the ADC connector wouldn't function unless you had the PowerBook plugged into a power source?



    I know of a few people who would have LCDs in their offices for when they're home with their PowerBooks. I'd hate to think of how many LCD sales have been lost due to this limitation!
  • Reply 17 of 34
    gustavgustav Posts: 824member
    [quote]Originally posted by richard788:

    <strong>There's no ADC adapter, right? So buying one would be hard.

    </strong><hr></blockquote>



    I was about say yes there is, but I looked it up. You're right, the Apple displays are digital only. You'd have to get a third part LCD display with an analogue interface.
  • Reply 18 of 34
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by apple.otaku:

    <strong>



    In addition to carrying video, usb and sync signals, ADC powers the displays so it would not be feasible in a portable unless you want 5 minutes of battery life.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    It'd be nice if you could actually use Apple's displays on Apple's portables though.
  • Reply 19 of 34
    gordygordy Posts: 979member
    I just wish Apple would go ahead and release something, so I can rack up a G4 867 and a 17" flat panel for under $3000.
  • Reply 20 of 34
    *l++*l++ Posts: 129member
    867 Mhz + 17 inch display is $2999 until January 31st (with the crystal clear savings). So you are lucky, your wish has already come true.



    Actually I am wrong, the coupon is only for $300...



    [ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: *l++ ]</p>
Sign In or Register to comment.