Multiple Audio/Subtitle Streams

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi,

I want to convert my DVD library to mp4 format and I depend a lot on subtitles and different audio streams. Both iTunes and the iPhone let me choose between the multiple subtitles and audio tracks I have in the files. I can easily change them while watching.

I want to know if this is also possible with Apple TV and iPod??

I won't buy any iPod or ATV if I can't browse through the audio and subtitles tracks of my library.

And also, is this possible with front row??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fmaste View Post

Hi,

I want to convert my DVD library to mp4 format and I depend a lot on subtitles and different audio streams. Both iTunes and the iPhone let me choose between the multiple subtitles and audio tracks I have in the files. I can easily change them while watching.

I want to know if this is also possible with Apple TV and iPod??

I won't buy any iPod or ATV if I can't browse through the audio and subtitles tracks of my library.

And also, is this possible with front row??

AppleTV can do multiple audio streams, just hold down Play/Pause while the video is playing to select. Not sure about the subtitle tracks... I haven't seen an option for them, but maybe my vids only have one subtitle track.

Amorya
  • Reply 2 of 2
    fmastefmaste Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amorya View Post

AppleTV can do multiple audio streams, just hold down Play/Pause while the video is playing to select. Not sure about the subtitle tracks... I haven't seen an option for them, but maybe my vids only have one subtitle track.

Amorya

Please can you try adding more than one subtitle to one of your multiple audio videos. Try using Subler with any subtitles you can download