Apple doesn't care about their fans.

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I logged on to my youtube channel today wanting to upload my long waited sequel to Gangster People are Stupid, Gangster People are Stupid PT.2. Well to my surprise, it got a message saying my account was disabled. I went to my email and saw an email from Youtube stating that Apple Inc. filed a copyright claim on my Snow Leopard Stacks video. This is the first time something of mine was reported as copyright, I have never had a video taken down due to it but for some reason, when the mighty fucking lawyers at Apple say something, it is deleted and the person is banned. I forgot that adding support in nothing but a positive way affected Apple so much. There are other videos on Youtube that have the same content as my video and from the same source but those are still up.

It's utterly unacceptable for Apple to do that. I touted Apple's greatness to Youtube and explained why i was fan. I also uploaded videos to Youtube that had sentimental value to me and when i asked for a way to get them, they told me no. I no longer have those videos because of a dead hard drive from my previous computer.

So bottom line, Apple, fuck you. Fuck you for not showing appreciation to your fans, fuck you for your superb sense of self righteousness and fuck you for making me lose my 500+ subscribers.

Rant over.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    That's terrible. It's probably Youtube's fault too. After all, they should simply inform you that it is copyright and warn you. At worst suspend your account for a while. Perhaps you can contact Youtube. They will likely just have changed the status on your account and they may just enable it again if you explain the situation.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Wait… what? You publicly post a video of something obtained through an NDA, thereby breaching it, and you are complaining that Apple isn't being fair?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    utisnum1utisnum1 Posts: 138member
    Seeing as how almost over 100 people i would assume posted the video and all those are still up, i would say yea, they aren't being fair.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    happened to me too... What was most obnoxious about it vids were not ripped off anywhere, I created them myself. Yet, spectators didn't love me personally... And YouTube loves spectators.

I created new account, I uploaded all videos again, I made quite a fuss publicly on YouTube (the video account of what happened was posted).

The account is alive to this day. Some videos got promotions...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    9secondko9secondko Posts: 929member
    YouTube is owned by Google who is on Apple's Board of directors.

And they don't care about you. It's all about them and the money