Windows Sharing Help

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Okay...I have a couple of issues, and hopefully someone here can help me out. I have 2 Windows machines and 1 iMac that I'm trying to share with, and I have a few issues.

1. The only folder that I have set to share from my mac is a music folder, and that is the only folder that I want shared. I can see that music folder on one of my Windows machines, but I can also see my WD My Book, my Macintosh HD and my public folder. I did not choose to share those last 3 that I mentioned, but yet I can see them through one of my Windows machines. How can I remove my Macintosh HD, my WD My Book, and my public folder from being viewed on my Windows machine.

2. Second issue is with my second windows machine. I can't see any files that I'm sharing from my Mac on my second Windows machine. I can't even see the file that I want shared (music folder). Do you think this may have something to do with my Airport Express? I have an Airport Express so that my Mac and one of my Windows machines can share a printer. My second Windows machine is not connected to the Airport Express.

I hope this does not seem too long winded, but that is my dilemma....help!!!!

Thanks!!!!