Moved: A Favor from Brad

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Heya Brad. I need to ask you a favor. Would be so kind as to compile a program for me? its called DC GUI. <a href="http://dc.ketelhot.de/"; target="_blank">Here is where its source can be downloaded.</a>

After its been compiled could you send it to me? Ive been using Java DC but its getting sort of annoying.. The DC developer has been promising a Mac OS X version of Direct Connect (DC) since early March of this year. I'd really appreciate it if you could do this for me.

Oh, and dont use the email address in my profile.. I rarely check that account. Use [email protected]

Thanks,

PiBO2k2

[ 10-31-2002: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    come on brad.. i know youre there. lol
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I'll give it a try, but no promises.

Not all linux and unix apps will compile just fine on Mac OS X, especially if there are dependencies on other custom libraries. That's why the fink project was set up. The people that work on fink take these open source programs, fix whatever code needs to be modified to run on Mac OS X, and then distribute that code or just the binaries for you to use.

I'll try it in a few minutes and let you know if it works.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Yup, already tried and failed. It needs some libraries that I don't have.

I'm changing the title of the tread now so that you're more likely to get help from others. I'm also moving it to the Software forum.