Mini as severs. Why no mid range?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I work in IT mostly mac but everyone has to hold MCP from msft, one apple very and internal training. Thing is, most PC servers are plane dell machines not blades. With apple clients though, they are mostly minis.

Anyone care to gander on why this is? I mean the mini will do the job and apple is notieios for going in record stating they don't cater to large enterprise, meaning, they don't push it, but since so many use the mini, you would think Apple would focus on a mid range machine. Typed on iPhone. Hope no mistakes. LOL.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hiimamac View Post

I work in IT mostly mac but everyone has to hold MCP from msft, one apple very and internal training. Thing is, most PC servers are plane dell machines not blades. With apple clients though, they are mostly minis.

Anyone care to gander on why this is? I mean the mini will do the job and apple is notieios for going in record stating they don't cater to large enterprise, meaning, they don't push it, but since so many use the mini, you would think Apple would focus on a mid range machine. Typed on iPhone. Hope no mistakes. LOL.

Most Apple servers are minis because the XServe is damn expensive. Yeah, if Apple made a mid-tower computer, it would probably sell well to businesses.