ipod as a digital camera

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
i mentioned this in the icamera thread, but just how cool would a digital camera built like an ipod be?

you could take digital pictures which are stored on the units internal 5 gig hard drive. to review your images, use the ipod's thumb wheel and simply scroll through them on a color LCD screen complete with the ipod's clicking sound. when you're ready, download them directly into iphoto via firewire.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by koffedrnkr:

<strong>i mentioned this in the icamera thread, but just how cool would a digital camera built like an ipod be?

you could take digital pictures which are stored on the units internal 5 gig hard drive. to review your images, use the ipod's thumb wheel and simply scroll through them on a color LCD screen complete with the ipod's clicking sound. when you're ready, download them directly into iphoto via firewire.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The idea is nice, but it's not cool cause I don't want to pay $400 for the iPod, Then shell out another $150 or $200 for the camera part.

What we need is an inexpensive camera with a firewire HD built in. Kepe the MP3 player and Camrea and video camera seperate.

So it's a 1CCD, 1.1 MP camera with a 5GB HD (and support for flash just in case you go for a LONG tirp...as well as other batteries aside from the internal FW battery)

Andrew
  • Reply 2 of 4
    i wasn't suggesting a "snap on" camera for the ipod..i was suggesting using the ipod hardware as the basis for a digital camera. same hardware, different purpose.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by koffedrnkr:

<strong>i wasn't suggesting a "snap on" camera for the ipod..i was suggesting using the ipod hardware as the basis for a digital camera. same hardware, different purpose.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well yes. then it's the same thing. It's a digital camera (still) with a FW HD and a small LCD.

5GBs will hold...at 1MB/picture, 5000 pictures. So that should be more than enough.\\

But the camera would need the ability to use an external battery just in case, cause the flash would use up a ton of battery.

Andrew
  • Reply 4 of 4
    hirhir Posts: 66member