is there a great calendar app for the iPhone?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
When the 3G iPhone came out, I finally dumped my mobile phone /Palm T5 combo and switched. 99% of the time I'm happy, but in one respect I'm not - I've looked around for some third party calendar apps but so far with no success - anybody out there can help?

What i *really* miss about the old T5 claendar is the option to colour code calendar events. So, for example, I can have the month view on, see a pink blob on the 23rd, and see straight away that there's a birthday that day. Slect the day, and I can see who's it is. I had around 9 colours, all with their own meanings, and each day could have multiple blobs eg on the 23rd there's a pink blob (birthday), a green blob (important work meeting that can't be missed) and a red blob (something social was happening that evening). So at a glance, I can see the sorts of things happening - whereas now, I see a grey blob on the 23rd and until I click on it I have no idea what it is. For me, the way *I* use calendars, the T5 apprach was a real timesaver.

So - any idea if Apple will add colour coding to events? Any bidy know of a third party app that does? I looked at Google's, but as far as I can tell the only view available is simply a list of events - you can't see the whole month.

Cheers,

David

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Sounds like a good idea. iCal has color codes on the Mac, but a simpler icon would work wonders...

There is an iPhone event in under an hour from now, so something new may be coming.