iTunes keeps re-opening on its own?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've never seen anything like this. It started out as humorous, but now it's just aggravating. I even tried updating the software the the latest version, and it still opens on its own, with no apparent prompting, after I have quit the program. It must be manifesting!

Help please?

I'm on Mac OS X.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    How often is it opening? Every hour, once a day or once a week?

Is it really opening? Or was it open in the background and just coming to the front?

Do you have a timed event calling iTunes? Are you using Awaken? Do you have an iCal event running an Applescript?

We need more information on what's happening in order to help.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    rob_06rob_06 Posts: 75member
    Do you have SRS IWOW installed this has been know to cause itunes to suddenly re-open as it install a plugin for itunes which causes itunes to re-open for no apparent reason.

Also like above any extra info is always handy.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm having this issue and found this thread in a search. Just in case anyone else is having this problem, though....

Upon a cold start, iTunes will open itself up automatically. The icon bounces and the blue dot shows up, but the iTunes window doesn't open. The application is running, though, because clicking on it causes the window to come up instantaneously. Doing a force-quit closes it, but then it reopens itself again. Force-quit again, and it reopens itself again. Seems that if I wait a bit, it is finished doing whatever it is doing, and you can force-quit it for good. It doesn't do it on a warm start, but if I shut it down completely and reboot, iTunes will do this automatic starting.

This began just after installing the latest OSX update, 10.5.8.