U-Verse ATV?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Over at BGR, they have an article about the next iPhone. But it wasn't the features that they mentioned that caught my attention. It was this line:

"AT&T is said to be working with Apple to create a unified product with an unparalleled experience across all their products and services."

Could the next AppleTV actually be a U-Verse/AppleTV set top box? Maintain all the cool AppleTV features plus, allows for DVR and tuner functionality, AppStore downloads, VoIP application for iPhone, WiFi hotspot, etc.

Could be a pretty cool partnership. Thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

Over at BGR, they have an article about the next iPhone. But it wasn't the features that they mentioned that caught my attention. It was this line:

"AT&T is said to be working with Apple to create a unified product with an unparalleled experience across all their products and services."

Could the next AppleTV actually be a U-Verse/AppleTV set top box? Maintain all the cool AppleTV features plus, allows for DVR and tuner functionality, AppStore downloads, VoIP application for iPhone, WiFi hotspot, etc.

For areas that get U-Verse. Sadly I'm not one of them.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

None. Pigs could fly and birds could die.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:

UVerse's current IPTV partner is Microsoft. They did finally deliver.

Perhaps AT&T could switch to Apple...but it would require a bit of work on Apple's part to get it right. The front end I think Apple can do well. The back end...well they run iTunes so they aren't noobs.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    marzetta7marzetta7 Posts: 1,323member
    Quote:

This would be sweet! I currently have AT&T's U-Verse and although I did notice that their DVR boxes run a flavor of Microsoft's OS, it would be great to see the AppleTV have U-Verse capability or take over the OS that runs on their boxes. It would be a nice way into people's living rooms by Apple.