Mac and compatible keyboard and mouse?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey guys,

I'm currently in the market for a new 2.0 Mac Mini, however, I just can't decide which keyboard and mouse i should get. I don't really like the Apple keyboard, and the mighty mouse is pretty bad. I am currently using a slim Kensington keyboard, which I must say is a very good keyboard. My mouse is a logitech G9 gaming mouse which I really love.

Question is will I be able to use both of them on my Mac Mini by just plugging it in to the USB ports on the back of the Mini? I really want to keep them, they are both black and I like to match my desktop.

If i can't use them, is there a way to program them to work with my Mini?

If there is a way to program them, how do I do it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Yes you can use them. As far as any additional buttons on the keyboard go you would most likely be able to download a mac version of the software the keyboard/mouse website.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jizzle32 View Post

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the market for a new 2.0 Mac Mini, however, I just can't decide which keyboard and mouse i should get. I don't really like the Apple keyboard, and the mighty mouse is pretty bad. I am currently using a slim Kensington keyboard, which I must say is a very good keyboard. My mouse is a logitech G9 gaming mouse which I really love.

Question is will I be able to use both of them on my Mac Mini by just plugging it in to the USB ports on the back of the Mini? I really want to keep them, they are both black and I like to match my desktop.

If i can't use them, is there a way to program them to work with my Mini?

If there is a way to program them, how do I do it?

Thanks!

You're keyboard will work just fine. The Logitech G9 mouse will work fine as a regular mouse but this model is not listed as a Mac model by Logitech which I think means it can't have special programs assigned to buttons (like can be done for Mac use on their MX and VX series mice).
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ohh thank god, i didn't want to have to buy a new keyboard and mouse. thanks!

Lastly. how do I go about using or programming a "COMMAND" key on my kensington keyboard?

THanks
  • Reply 4 of 4
    iakbariakbar Posts: 1member
    Try out DoubleCommand

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jizzle32 View Post

ohh thank god, i didn't want to have to buy a new keyboard and mouse. thanks!

Lastly. how do I go about using or programming a "COMMAND" key on my kensington keyboard?

THanks