Printer Cartridge Shelf Life

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have two M1960G/A Apple toner cartridges that have been sitting on a shelf for about two years. Does anyone know if they have a shelf life, and if they are still usable?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ianjohianjoh Posts: 4member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bponline View Post

I have two M1960G/A Apple toner cartridges that have been sitting on a shelf for about two years. Does anyone know if they have a shelf life, and if they are still usable?

Thanks.

Well, I don't know about Apple's cartridges specifically, but I have been using an HP laserjet cartridge for more than a year now, that had sat for at least 8 years prior to installing it.

No problems at all, just rocked it back & forth a fair number of times (as you are supposed to), BEFORE I OPENED the plastic envelope it was in, just to make sure the powder hadn't spilled out, was still loose & distributed evenly. I listened carefully for clumps rattling around.

I say try it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    hi,guy this site igsky.com it is about online game's web,we offer the news and important cheats,The main we sell wow gold,if u want to buy wow gold,u need buy wow gold from this site,it is cheapest,right,u want buy world of warcraft gold,cheap wow gold,plz click here: wow gold,it is cool,isn't it?everyone who play world of warcraft and want buy world of warcraft gold can get some help from our.We have mass available stock of wow gold on most of the servers, so that we can do a really instant way of buy wow gold delivery. We know what our buyers need so we offer an instant way of cheap world of warcraft gold, the cheap wow gold delivery Sell WoW Gold and Sell FFxi Gil.lol?