Can't delete contents of a folder

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
OK... more OS X funness...

I have a folder that I would like to delete. The folder and its contents are all locked, but when I go to get info on them, the lock box is greyed out, but checked. So I can't delete the file. Yes, I've tried to sudo and change permissions. Yes, I've tried GUI utilities that do the same thing, like BatChmod...

Anyone have any ideas about how to get rid of this file. I am tired of having to click "continue" multiple times, when ever I want to trash something.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    rraburrabu Posts: 264member
    Go into the trash folder via the terminal and remove the file with "sudo rm -f <filename>".
  • Reply 2 of 5
    If you don't want to mess with the Terminal there's an application called BatCHMOD that will take care of all this for you.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by crawlingparanoia:

<strong>an application called BatCHMOD that will take care of all this for you.</strong><hr></blockquote>It's nice to see people actually read the thread before posting.

Anhow, are you using 10.1 or 10.2? On 10.2, you can hold the option key when choosing enpty trash and it will empty the trash regardless of if files are locked (like it did on Classic Mac OS).
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Silly mistake, shoot me.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    quaremquarem Posts: 254member
    BANG!