Classic Installation on 10.2 Question

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hey Guys/Gals:

I wanted to run classic for the first time today in well, a long time and upon doing so I discovered that it isnt even on my computer (TiBook 800Mhz with 10.2.2)

The question is how do I install OS9 onto this computer so that I can run some classic aps, or boot up into OS9??

I am quite happy with 10.2.2 but for convieniance I need to run classic till I get the new OSX versions of the Macromedia software I am running.

Thanks

[ 12-02-2002: Message edited by: trevorM ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    [quote]Originally posted by trevorM:

<strong>Hey Guys/Gals:

I wanted to run classic for the first time today in well, a long time and upon doing so I discovered that it isnt even on my computer (TiBook 800Mhz with 10.2.2)

The question is how do I install OS9 onto this computer so that I can run some classic aps, or boot up into OS9??

I am quite happy with 10.2.2 but for convieniance I need to run classic till I get the new OSX versions of the Macromedia software I am running.

Thanks

[ 12-02-2002: Message edited by: trevorM ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I just took OS9 off. Goodbye Quark. Catch up. Macromedia, come to my warm embrace. ("We are committed to the Macintosh platform" my steely butt.)

What you want to do, TrevorM, is take an Install OS9 disk and install it. Simple. It'll write an OS9 system folder right there on the first window of your hard drive and Classic'll do the rest with no stress to your data or your dock preferences or nothing.