Apple & AT&T Deal Ends Next Year! Confirmed!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member

Apple's Doooooooooomed.

edit:

Ok now that i've read the article. Phew....Stephenson is going to be in some rough and tumble negotiations with Apple.

If Apple even added one more carrier they'd make x amount of dollars and you can bet your arse it would be a significant

improvement.

If ATT gets an exclusive deal I expect Apple to negotiate some incredible terms. Hell they may own %25 of ATT when it's all said and done.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    It was going to end eventually. But in the near term it doesn't really change anything. The iPhone won't be able to be effectively used on other carriers until the launch of LTE.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    I think apple is in the driver seat bigtime, improve those margins, share those dollars, stock up

life is good, SJ rules
  • Reply 4 of 8
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    don't wanna learn all right lessons from others!

In France, SFR's got iPhone to give out. They did it, they have it. Orange is no more exclusive. Champagne!

What happened then? The paroxysm of frustration. Loyal customers since long are really quitting SFR...
  • Reply 5 of 8
    4metta4metta Posts: 365member
    HURRAH!!

The AT&T exclusivity won't end a moment too soon. If Apple doesn't hurry and get the iPhone out to a bigger market they will lose a lot of people to Android based phones. By all accounts Android is going to get amazing. I think Apple waited too long already. They should do it this year.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 4metta View Post

HURRAH!!

The AT&T exclusivity won't end a moment too soon. If Apple doesn't hurry and get the iPhone out to a bigger market they will lose a lot of people to Android based phones. By all accounts Android is going to get amazing. I think Apple waited too long already. They should do it this year.

What amazing features should I look for in Android?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Exclusive or not, Apple doesn't have any real good options other than AT&T. The iPhone is not compatible with 3G service from T-mobile and its affiliates and the rest of the U.S. market is CDMA.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    4metta4metta Posts: 365member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

What amazing features should I look for in Android?

If you have to ask...