How do I add scenes to a movie file?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have a movie file, but I want to edit it so I can add scenes in it, but how?

Im on a 10.4.11 iMac

So what app should I use to add scenes to the movie and to give the scenes names and I be able for the scenes to be changed(like click on scene 4 and it skips to scene 4) and stuff in iTunes

Can I use quicktime Pro to do this? How?

I need to be able to add scenes to .mp4 files. I DONT want to add more movie to the file, just to add scenes to it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ultraneo*ultraneo* Posts: 7member
    You can't scenes to a movie without adding "more movie to the file", in a typical situation a secong of playback will consists of 25-30 frames. The the longer the scene, the bigger the file will become unless you're planning to crop out some existing scenes.

As for editing, QTPro can do some light editing and iMove which comes as part of iLife can do simple cutting and pasting. Professional applications like FinalCut Express will be more flexible but you'll spend more money. Overall, it really depends on what you'd like to do and more importantly what file format, compression ratio/quality you'd like.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdee444 View Post

I have a movie file, but I want to edit it so I can add scenes in it, but how?

Im on a 10.4.11 iMac

So what app should I use to add scenes to the movie and to give the scenes names and I be able for the scenes to be changed(like click on scene 4 and it skips to scene 4) and stuff in iTunes

Can I use quicktime Pro to do this? How?

I need to be able to add scenes to .mp4 files. I DONT want to add more movie to the file, just to add scenes to it.

You mean that you want to add chapter markers? You don't want to change the video/audio in any way, you just wish to add the ability to skip directly to certain points in the file?

If that's what you mean, then yes, you can do this in QuickTime Pro.

See here.