How do I remove subtitles from a video file?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have a .avi file, but it has subtitles. Im on a mac 10.4.11, so how do I remove the subtitles from the video??? Like what application should I get to use to remove the subtitles?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ricedericede Posts: 1member
    open the avi file in VLC

( if you dont already have this app - it can be downloaded for free from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html )

- go to the video tab in the menu bar - scroll down to subtitles track and disable. you will have to do this each time you watch. it does not remove the hardcoded subtitles from the movie - just gives you the ablility to watch without them.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I also have this problem and its really annoying me.

I managed to find really rare movie but it has norwegian subs hardcoded (who does that anyway)

and movie is japanese... When i insert english subs they mesh together! I know that hardcod subs can be blured but only programs (or plug-ins) are for PC, so I was wondering does anybody know a

similar program for Mac?
  • Reply 3 of 3

i recommend idealshare videogo which can easily remove subtitles from various video format like mkv, avi, mp4, wmv, vob, and etc

just google search Step by Step Guide on How to Delete Subtitles from MKV, AVI, MP4, VOB, FLV, MPEG and etc

you will find a detailed guide