Discouraged from reporting Spam posts

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
In attempting to report a whole bunch of spam posts made here today, I ran into the "you must wait 60 seconds" message after the first one.

Surely you can lift this restriction from reporting spam posts. I'm trying to help, but, the forum settings make it difficult to do that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trajectory View Post

In attempting to report a whole bunch of spam posts made here today, I ran into the "you must wait 60 seconds" message after the first one.

Surely you can lift this restriction from reporting spam posts. I'm trying to help, but, the forum settings make it difficult to do that.

It sends an email for each one so it prevents people abusing it. We tend to find the obvious spam without any problems. Inline forum spam is harder to detect so if you can mainly report that, it would be good. You also wouldn't for example have to report every spam post from one user as all their posts and threads get deleted at once so just one report per user is enough.

I know the restriction is probably still a pain in some cases but if you browse the forum as normal and report spam you come across instead of reporting all spam at once, it should separate the report times a bit. Thanks for your help.