Snow Leopard for the Rest of Us

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
We know that Snow Leopard will do wonders for those lucky owners of current Mac Pro workstations (i.e. with Nehalem-based CPUs). How about earlier Intel iterations? Will our machines see a healthy bump in speed?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sybaritic View Post

We know that Snow Leopard will do wonders for those lucky owners of current Mac Pro workstations (i.e. with Nehalem-based CPUs). How about earlier Intel iterations? Will our machines see a healthy bump in speed?

I wish I knew the answer. For you lucky souls that have 8 cores to burn through you will see a performance increase once developers tap into Grand Central Dispatch. I'm sure there will be good speed increases due to optimizations that go on down to the kernel.

The improvement for dual core owners will likely be smaller but i'm sure that increased polish and fluidity will be evident to all.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sybariticsybaritic Posts: 340member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

I wish I knew the answer. For you lucky souls that have 8 cores to burn through you will see a performance increase once developers tap into Grand Central Dispatch. I'm sure there will be good speed increases due to optimizations that go on down to the kernel.

The improvement for dual core owners will likely be smaller but i'm sure that increased polish and fluidity will be evident to all.

Beautiful.