Printing from Windows or vice versa

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi my home network is all Mac and I can obviously print share across the Macs. My work laptop is a PC (Win 2k) and I would love to be able to use the HP USB printer attached to my Mac and print to it. I can do all the SMB stuff and share files etc - but is there any way to print?

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: Ian Miller ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i spent 3 hours yesterday (actually, this morning) discovering that its not worth it. its a lot easier to un/re-plug cables. i couldn't access the shared printer from a windows machine, and a windows machine cant get my share. i tried all kinds of cudgling. by-the-by, i'm on jaguar, and the windows machine is xp; the printer is a hp935c. if u search google, u can find about a dozen pages that give you the same shpiel.

if u hold and hit 'add' in the printer setup program, there is an advanced option. if u select WIndows via Samba, thats supposed to get u there. and the URI is supposed to be [code]smb://userass@domain/server/printer_share</pre><hr></blockquote> it didn work for me, but thats basically what i got from the 'net. theres also a program called gimp-print which is supposed to help, but it didn't seem to work for me.

edit: damn those smileys

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: thuh Freak ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I cant get either XP or the mac to share a printer between the 2, although i can get file sharing and user log in from the pc to the mac.

theres a programme called Dave out there that apparently sorts out your woes but it cost like $200 or close to that. Not worth it.